Explainer videos are one of the hottest trends and for most companies, online video marketing is the single most practical form of advertising. When you consider your marketing budget, time and energy, video marketing is one of the most effective means of getting the word out. A well made video gives visitors an overview of your company, vital information about new products or services and encourages them to further their relationship with you. While there are ways to produce your own videos, it is not as easy as it sounds. Here are ten reasons you should hire a professional explainer video company rather than trying to create your own.
- Time & Money – Perhaps the biggest drawback of creating your own videos is the time it takes to learn how to do it. When you hire a professional, you don’t have to spend the time to learn how to use complicated video software. Not only that, but you don’t have to purchase the software yourself, which can save you hundreds upon hundreds of dollars.
- Experience – Odds are that you’ve never created a video, and especially not an advertising video. When you hire an explainer video company, you get all the combined experience of each team member. A reputable company, someone that’s been around a while, will have staff that have a good solid background in video production and digital marketing techniques.
- Scripting – You know your business better than anyone, but it can be difficult to put it into words, especially when you’re under pressure. An explainer video company that has worked with a variety of companies has the expertise to craft an interesting story line that can be converted into a solid script.
- Storyboarding – Coming up with visual representations, metaphors and other tools to explain complex concepts can be difficult at best. The creativity of a professional video production team can make the difference between a good storyline and one that flops. They understand layout, style and can create a compelling storyline to grab and hold the attention of the audience.
- Graphics & Images – When you use off-the-shelf video software, you’re limited as to the graphics and images available. Finding images that resonate with the audience may not always be an option. Video production companies have the high end software and ability to create mind-blowing graphics that grab attention.
- Animation & Transitions – Although static images can be effective, animation is far more appealing. Animation allows interaction between scenes and objects, and more effectively tells the story. Transitions are also important, they control the pace or rhythm of the video. An experienced designer has the means to create unique, effective animation that sells.
- Music & Sound – Most times, explainer video companies will have a music and sound library at their disposal. Because they’re immersed in the industry, they understand what works and what to avoid. They’ll also keep you out of hot water by not using copyrighted material which can save you a lot of headaches.
- Professional Voice-over – Recording your own audio for an explainer video may not be the best idea, unless you’re a professional. No matter the subject matter, voice quality and clarity is far more important than you might think. Explainer video companies either have voice-over talent on staff or they have resources to find one that’s appropriate.
- Perfect Timing – How long should your video be? The answer is quite simple, long enough. A video that’s too short can’t possibly get the entire point across to the audience, on the other hand, one that’s too long will lose them. A company that has created many different explainer videos will know the perfect length for your video and make sure it has all the important elements.
- Editing & Additions – It’s inevitable that changes are going to have to be made to your video as time goes on. Any number of things could change; new products or services might be introduced to the company, or perhaps the company relocates or the customer base changes. Whatever the reason, the video has to change as well or it will no longer be effective.
Explainer videos are one of the best, most cost effective ways of getting your company’s message across to potential customers. You could go it alone, but you’ll have to educate yourself on the process, purchase software and go through a bit of trial and error. Thankfully, you don’t have to go through all that. Contact us to find out more about how hiring an explainer video company will benefit you and your company.