Let’s face it: if your business hasn’t delved into video marketing then you’re behind the competition. One recent statistic projects that by 2019 video will account for over 80% of all Internet traffic. In fact, 78% of the population watch videos online every week.
Videos have everything today’s consumer wants. They’re catchy, informative, and quickly convey a lot of information. Explainer videos are one of the huge trends in video marketing because they allow a company to establish a brand presence in a couple short minutes.
In case you don’t know, an Explainer video is an animated short that communicates the basics of a company- everything from what it offers to what it can do for you.
Videos have undoubtedly taken home pages to the next level, but did you know that they can also be part of the SEO that drives people to your site? Video marketing SEO can be optimized the same way as other types of content. Read on for some tips on how to get your videos to rank highly in a crowded marketplace.
Ranking Your Video for Search Results
Everyone knows that when it comes to search engines, Google reigns supreme. But can you guess who’s number 2? YouTube ranks right below Google as the world’s most widely used search engine. What’s more, YouTube reports that the number of people who watch videos doubles every year.
Since Google owns YouTube, they pretty much control the search engine game and it’s wise to learn a little SEO strategy. Knowing how to optimize your video marketing SEO isn’t difficult once you know a few tricks.
Ways to Optimize Your Video Marketing SEO
From the script to the title, there are a lot of things you can do to influence your video SEO. Here’s a run-down of the essentials:
The number one way to impact video marketing SEO is to create valuable content. That means that before even the script is written, it’s important to identify two things:
- Who will be watching it: identify your target market. Who are your customers? How old are they? Why do they do business with your company?
- How the video will benefit customers (and you): will it educate them on something they need to know? Will it build brand loyalty?
Creating value is inherently beneficial. It means that your video will get more views and more shares because it has something good to offer.
Research SEO Keywords Before You Start
Once you have your keywords, infuse them into both the script the script AND metadata. The metadata includes video title and description. Having the right phrases in metadata will help video marketing SEO since search engine algorithms were designed to scan for precise keywords.
In addition, using those same keywords in the script creates consistency. It shows viewers (and Google) that the video delivers on the content that its description promises.
Share Your Video on Social Media
Sure, social media isn’t a huge direct SEO influencer, but it can drive more traffic to your site. And when it comes to SEO, the more traffic your site has, the more value it has.
What’s more, you can create a mini blog entry next to your video on your social media page. It’s a great opportunity to talk about everything from your company mission statement to behind the scenes info about the video.
Host Your Video on Your Own YouTube Channel
This almost goes without saying… but aside from visibility there are extra benefits to hosting on YouTube:
- For starters: your channel can be used for future video content.
- Even better: you can add a backlink your site in the bio/description portion of your profile (backlinks are awesome for SEO).
- And the kicker: YouTube viewers can comment below your video. This gives you an instant platform for interacting with future customers and establishing a valuable dialogue.
Select a Catchy Thumbnail Image
A catchy thumbnail image ensures that your video stands out when viewers are scrolling through a bunch of other videos on YouTube. In addition to standing out, the thumbnail needs to accurately reflect the video content.
A thumbnail that shows the main character or the high point in the action sequence is a surefire attention-grabber.
Post a Written Transcript on YouTube
Because keywords are infused into the script, the transcript is a great way to get more keyword visibility. It is also a quick way for viewers to see what’s in your video.
What to Look for in a Video Production Company
Whether it’s an Explainer video or a simple short, there are certain things to look for in a video production company. Here’s a quick list:
- Look for a company that will revise the video as much as you want until you’re happy.
- Find a production company that can deliver in under 2 months.
- Make sure you own all the rights to the video once it’s finished and paid for.
- Read the fine print: look for a company that will give you a partial refund if you cancel the project before it’s finished.
- Look for a simple and upfront production process that continually invites your input.
The Bottom Line
Online video viewership has consistently doubled every year- it’s huge and will only get bigger in the future. Building video marketing SEO is just as important as infusing SEO into the rest of your site.
There are some simple ways to boost the SEO visibility of your video:
- Plan valuable content and research keywords during the planning process.
- Host your video on your own YouTube channel.
- Don’t forget about details such as a catchy thumbnail image and written transcript. They go a long way towards getting your video seen.
When you’re searching for a video production company, be sure to find one that will let you ask for revisions, gives you full usage rights, and has a simple production process.
Creating a video doesn’t have to be a daunting process. With a little research, you’ll be armed with the know-how you need to get your video seen. Do you have any questions about Explainer videos? If so, don’t hesitate to contact us! Our knowledgeable staff is happy to help!